Thursday, February 2, 2012

Podcast: Ian Dunbar

It's a double header tonite with two, count em, two episodes with the great Ian Dunbar.  There are people who write books on training and then there is the person who wrote the book on puppy training.

30 years ago last week (Happy Birthday!) Dr. Dunbar started SIRIUS Puppy Training, the world's very first off-leash puppy socialization and training classes. He is a Veterinarian, animal behaviorist, and dog trainer, an author and founder of Dog Star Daily, a destination website packed with videos from trainers round the world.

Episode 1: We talk about SIRIUS, the importance of early socialization, and how to make your puppy a party animal.




Episode 2:  How much training does a puppy need, the various training models, Sheila weighs in on the discussion, and Dr. Dunbar's wife, Kelly's work with animal shelters.  

1 comment:

  1. This is probably the absolute best interview I have heard so far. They are all great but man oh man, Ian Dunbar sure does just lay it out there. I will say that I listened to the first podcast and in the begining I felt like I was doomed with Kirby. I suppose I have a bit of rehibilation to do. I suppose I am in the group that didn't put in as much thought as I should have. Lesson learned with my work cut out for me - and Kirby.

    Thank you Luke, Sheila and of course, Ian Dunbar.

    ReplyDelete