Thursday, March 8, 2012

Podcast: Ticks and Vectra 3D

As spring swiftly approaches, it's time to start thinking about protecting our companions from fleas and ticks. I'm very grateful to have tonight as our guest on Raising Indiana Dr. Cathy Ball who heads Research and Development at Summit Vet Pharm.

Our paths first crossed when we were walking through Ohio at a time when it was the worst tick season on record and every day I pulled dozens of the nasty little buggers off Hudson and Murphy every day. The nights in our tent were sleepless as I was constantly picking them out of my hair and off my body.

There was a time when I thought 2 Dogs 2000 Miles might just end in Ohio and then we were introduced to Vectra 3D, the flagship product of Summit Vet Pharm and never had a tick problem again. I know the product well and am a advocate of its effectiveness.

Tonight's podcast is important because whether you use Vectra or whatever solution, you need to protect your companions from ticks as they are vectors for deadly and debilitating diseases. Dr. Ball talks at length just exactly which ones your dogs may be exposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment